A horrible week, followed by a nice, lazy weekend

Last week was bad.

On Wednesday I woke up feeling nauseous. That nausea continued through morning and into the afternoon. We had a staff luncheon at work, and I spent the whole time sitting in the back, taking tiny bites of my salad and bread, hoping I wouldn’t throw up in front of the 100+ people I work with. I was sitting with my two best work friends and they kept asking if I could be pregnant. (Because if you’re a woman and you’re feeling queezy, you must be pregnant.) I didn’t think I was, but when you hear about it so much, you start freaking out a little bit. As soon as the luncheon was over, I ran to the grocery store and bought some nausea medicine and a pregnancy test. I was super classy and took the test in the Dillons bathroom. Not pregnant!

I got back to the office and tried to work through the queeziness. When I could barely read the writing on my screen anymore, I decided I should go home. On the way home, I had to pull over on the side of the road to throw up. (Again, super classy.) I spent the rest of the day alternating being on the couch sleeping and running to the bathroom to be sick. So miserable.

I never think my boss believes me when I say I’m sick, so I got up and went to work the next day, even though I felt disgusting. I was still nauseous, but I hadn’t gotten sick for 12 hours, so I figured I’d be ok. I made it to lunch, and then went home and napped for the whole afternoon and evening.

On Friday, I wasn’t queezy anymore, but I had a horrible cold. (Which Alex had been home sick with at the beginning of the week.) I worked in between blowing my nose and coughing up a storm. By the time I got home Friday afternoon, I felt like a zombie.

Friday night I slept 13 hours (!!) and woke up feeling great. I still had (and have) a runny nose, but I felt like a human again.  Saturday Alex and I lazied around until about 5, when we headed to his dad’s birthday party. It was a bunch of Dave’s friends sitting around in the garage eating. (It was supposed to be outside, but it was too cold for that.) We were there for maybe 2 hours then headed home. I went to bed early and got a glorious amount of sleep again.

Sunday Alex and I did some shopping. Which actually means Alex shopped and I tagged along, which is kinda how I like it because he spent money and I didn’t! (Yeah, we were out shopping for probably 3 hours and I didn’t spend a dime!)

Sunday evening we realized Sons of Anarchy season 4 was on Netflix, so we snuggled up on the couch with our dogs and watched some SoA. It was an awesome ending to the weekend.


Tell me what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: