Spring has been teasing me the past two days- it’s been beautiful outside! It gets me excited about this summer, and all the things I’m looking forward to:
1. I’m SUPER excited about not having to worry about waking up to snow. I’m so over snow! The first snow of the winter is always exciting, especially when you can’t get to work so you get a snow day. But we had a couple big snows in Kansas this year, and I’m over it.
2. I’m so ready to pull all my dresses out of the back of my closet! I have purchased several in the last two months- including the one I’m wearing at work today, above- and I’ve been itching to wear them. Dresses are so easy and comfortable. I plan on pretty much living in dresses this summer.
3. Spending time with my little family, especially outside. We’ve been cooped up inside for so long, and the dogs’ energy is driving me a little crazy. I’m excited to take our pups on walks, both because I love our walks, and it’s a great way to tire them out! This winter has been crazy for Alex and I, so I’m excited to spend some down time together.
4. Fun hair styles. I wear my hair down 95% of the time. It’s just easier, and in the winter, it’s nice to cover my ears and neck. This summer, I’m looking forward to trying new, fun updos. My hair is longer than it’s ever been in my life, so I’ll be able to do more with it. (I don’t plan on doing the hair bow on a regular basis- that was my hair for the Lady Gaga show.)
I spotted this beautiful style this morning, and it’s #1 on my must-try list.
5. Squeezer’s Palace. If you live in the Wichita area, Squeezer’s is a must try. They sell delicious ice cream and frozen yogurt treats. The interesting thing about Squeezer’s Palace is that they don’t have regular hours- they open on days when it’s warm, and they close when the sun goes down. They’re in Riverside, on Biting and 11th- check them out, and try the apple pie.
6. Concerts. It always seems like musicians come out of the woodwork to tour in the summer. I already have tickets to see Anberlin, and we’re planning on going to Oklahoma to see Gogol Bordello. There’s nothing better than seeing a show with friends.
7. The zoo! Wichita has a great zoo. (The Sedgwick County Zoo) It’s really big, and they have every animal you could ever want to see. Alex and I love going to the zoo, and it’s our go-to destination on nice days when we don’t have any plans. There’s also Tanganyika Wildlife Park close by, which is a tiny zoo where you can touch and interact with the animals.
8. Traveling to see old friends. (I’m not including a picture because I’m not sure how they’ll feel about being on my blog.) I’m hoping to make a trip down to Austin this summer to see two of my dear old friends from high school. Those girls are amazing and I miss them like crazy. We don’t see each other nearly enough, but it’s so great to pick up right where we left off, even if we haven’t seen each other in a year.
9. Watching my sister in law’s belly grow! My brother and his wife are expecting their first child, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. My sister in law is a tiny little thing, and I’m sure she’s going to be all belly by August. I’m looking forward to shopping for baby things, throwing her a baby shower and just watching them prepare for this amazing addition.
There are plenty of other things I’m looking forward to, but these are the things that come to mind right now. The summer is my favorite time of year, and if it could hurry up and get here, that’d be amazing.